"These are the proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel,
for
gaining wisdom and discipline,
for
comprehending words of insight,
and for
receiving instruction in wise living
and in
righteousness, justice, and equity.
To impart
prudence to the simple
and
knowledge and discretion to the young,
let the
wise listen and gain instruction,
and the
discerning acquire wise counsel
by
understanding the proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.
The fear
of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but
fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Listen,
my son, to your father’s instruction,
and do
not forsake the teaching of your mother.
For they
are a garland of grace on your head
My son,
if sinners entice you,
If they
say, “Come along, let us lie in wait for blood,
let us
ambush the innocent without cause,
let us
swallow them alive like Sheol,
and whole
like those descending into the Pit.
We will
find all manner of precious goods;
we will
fill our houses with plunder.
Throw in
your lot with us;
my son,
do not walk the road with them
For their
feet run to evil,
and they
are swift to shed blood.
How
futile it is to spread the net
But they
lie in wait for their own blood;
Such is
the fate of all who are greedy,
whose
unjust gain takes the lives of its possessors.
Wisdom
calls out in the street,
she lifts
her voice in the square;
in the
main concourse she cries aloud,
at the
city gates she makes her speech:
“How long, O simple ones, will you love your
simple ways?
How long
will scoffers delight in their scorn
If you
had repented at my rebuke,
then surely,
I would have poured out my Spirit on you;
I would have made my words known to you.
Because
you refused my call,
and no
one took my outstretched hand,
because
you neglected all my counsel,
and
wanted none of my correction,
in turn I
will mock your calamity;
I will
sneer when terror strikes you,
when your
dread comes like a storm,
and your
destruction like a whirlwind,
when
distress and anguish overwhelm you.
Then they
will call on me, but I will not answer;
they will
earnestly seek me, but will not find me.
For they
hated knowledge
and chose
not to fear the LORD.
They
accepted none of my counsel;
So they
will eat the fruit of their own way,
and be
filled with their own devices.
For the
waywardness of the simple will slay them,
and the complacency of fools will destroy them.
But
whoever listens to me will dwell in safety,
secure
from the fear of evil.”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
“I am the
good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just
as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the
sheep.
“Very
truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All
who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have
not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters
through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find
pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and
destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
John 10:14-15, 7-10
“There is
a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the
very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.” John 12:48
“Dear
friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ told you, 18 that
in the last times there would come these scoffers whose whole purpose in life
is to enjoy themselves in every evil way imaginable. 19 They
stir up arguments; they love the evil things of the world; they do not have the
Holy Spirit living in them.
16 These men are constant gripers, never
satisfied, doing whatever evil they feel like; they are loudmouthed
“show-offs,” and when they show respect for others, it is only to get something
from them in return.
13 All they leave behind them is shame
and disgrace like the dirty foam left along the beach by the wild waves. They
wander around looking as bright as stars, but ahead of them is the everlasting
gloom and darkness that God has prepared for them.” Jude 1:17-19,16,13 (Living Bible version)
“God
never sent those men at all; they are “phonies” who have fooled you into
thinking they are Christ’s apostles. 14 Yet I am not
surprised! Satan can change himself into an angel of light, 15 so
it is no wonder his servants can do it too, and seem like godly ministers. In
the end they will get every bit of punishment their wicked deeds deserve.” (2
Corinthians 11:13-15 LB)
Links
The Greatest Tribulation – What and Why
Discerning the 10 Virgins/Called, Chosen and Faithful
This comment may contain copyrighted material. The material has been made available for teaching purposes only, as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
No comments:
Post a Comment